Get up to date: COVID-19
In this article: The COVID-19 pandemic is bringing new challenges, but the IMI is determined to deliver the services you expect, this is the latest update on where we are so far
We want to reassure our members and centres that we are open for business as usual, with some restrictions on face-to-face engagement as we continue to follow the guidance from the Government on how to best manage COVID-19. We want to continue to deliver the service you expect from us for as long as possible while we are facing these challenging times. If you are in need of assistance then please don’t hesitate to contact a member of the team.
Below is a reminder of the restrictions on face-to-face engagement activities across the IMI between now and the end of April:
- All planned Member Association events are being re-scheduled
- The Members Conference on April 22nd will be re-scheduled
- Any Regional Network Meetings will be re-scheduled
- Any Sector Advisory Groups will be re-scheduled
- With immediate effect we have implemented a 6 month extension window for those who are due to re-accredit but may be unable to do so by their original renewal date. We advise anyone who has any questions to get in touch with their EQA or the Centre Admin team
- For End-Point assessment activities we are working within Government guidelines and so if there are candidates and centres that are unaffected, we will commit to carry out the EPAO activity. For further advice where apprentices are impacted and require a break in learning, please follow this link
New additions to IMI's working conditions with immediate effect until the end of April:
Business Development and external quality teams are now connecting with centres and partners remotely with no face-to-face engagement.
Lastly, just a reminder that for those members involved in MOT don't forget the deadline is still 31st March to complete your annual assessment, all of our materials are e-based and completely accessible even for those who are self-isolating.