B&C NOS Review Update – December 2020
IMI Bus and Coach NOS review to enter Phase 2 Wider Consultation in January 2021
The IMI review of the Bus and Coach National Occupation Standards began in early October. To enable a systematic approach the NOS suite was split into two halves:
- Mechanical and Electrical in October
- Coachbuilder in November
Expert Working Groups determined there was a great deal of synergy between the standards for Bus and Coach Mechanical/Electrical and Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
Similarly, standards for Coachbuilder and Bodybuilder were alike and it was decided to look at how these two standards could be combined.
The main outputs of the review so far are:
Bus and Coach mechanical and electrical roles to utilise Heavy Vehicle NOS
- HV NOS already includes Electric Vehicle units
- New EV units regarding Hydrogen Fuel Cell systems have been developed and will be added to the HV NOS suite for the Bus and Coach sector’s use
- NOS units regarding ADAS systems to be added to the HV NOS suite
A new NOS suite to be developed along the lines of ‘Bodybuilder’ for Coachbuilder roles, to include:
- Bonding and welding
- Paint – both brush/roller and spray gun for large areas
The next phase of this review will be Wider Consultation in the form of an online Survey Monkey which will be sent out in January. This will enable all stakeholders to have their say on this new structure for Bus and Coach NOS.
If you have any questions or comments in the meantime please contact Caroline Harris on 07827 856564 or email@example.com