Coaching plays a central role in the development of a successful working relationship between a manager and the team, and as such it is a fundamental part of any manager’s skill set. This course includes dealing with the root cause of problems, the latest theories on motivational techniques and how to give effective feedback. It uses specific examples to help the learner understand what motivates their team members and looks at how the way in which they give feedback can affect motivation and performance.
CPD Credit Value
What do I recieve?
You will be able to:
- Understand what motivates you and those around you.
- Choose the right motivational technique for different individuals and situations.
- Use feedback effectively to help individuals realise their potential.
- Get positive results from both motivational and corrective feedback.
- Understand the importance of coaching in the context of your role as a manager.
- Apply effective coaching methods.
- Plan and run successful group feedback sessions.
Who is this for?
This course is designed to appeal to people at all levels, whether they manage others or wish to develop management skills as part of their personal and professional development. Those who are new to management or are preparing to take on a management role will find that this course provides a solid basic knowledge of coaching on which to build their experience. More experienced or senior managers will value the opportunity to spend time refreshing or developing their coaching skills. Experience working as a manager or in a supervisory role would be useful but not critical.
CPD Credit Value 5
Course Duration 4 hours