IMI Employability Week
Join us for IMI #EmployabilityWeek taking place from the 12th – 16th October 2020.
You can take advantage of one or more of our online resource days to help develop and nurture your skills, support you through unemployment and put yourself in the best possible position for your next job.
Employability Week - Videos
We have created a series of topical days to help support you in getting the job of your dreams, coaching you with best practice and support and helping you to stand out from the crowd. We also have a range of tools, resources and video content that you can use to help master your search.
Monday 12th October - Refreshing your CV & how to stand out
- Understand the basic rules of CV’s
- Know how to write your personal statement
- How to compose achievements
How to guide
Tuesday 13th October - Building your online profile
Supported by Calibre
- How to approach your profile
- What you want to steer away from
- How you network online
Wednesday 14th October - Live & Online Interview Techniques
- How to prepare
- What to expect
- How you can make a lasting impression
How to guide
Thursday 15th October - Communication techniques
Sponsored by WeRecruit Auto
- Different types of communication
- The importance of listening
- How to have a difficult conversation
Friday 16th October - Turn your soft skills into power skills
- Understanding soft skills
- Identifying personal soft skills
- Improving your soft skills through training and how your IMI membership can help
*Thursday 15th October, Communication techniques sponsored by
WeRecruit Auto specialise in Permanent Recruitment for the Motor Trade across the UK. The team are passionate about finding the right candidate the right job, and providing both clients and candidates with a first class service. Our team has over 18 years' of automotive recruitment experience and offers an honest insight into current career opportunities, what companies can offer you to match your long-term goals.