World Skills Live: The winners
In this article: WorldSkills Live has come to a close for another year, with thousands of attendees walking through the doors and seeing the breadth of what the motor industry has to offer.
The event is the nation’s largest experiential skills and careers event, covering an area the equivalent of nine football pitches, and an arena for leading employers to offer hands on experiences and talk to young people about what’s important to them, and what the industry has to offer.
At the core of the event are the National Finals of the WorldSkills UK Competitions. Where young professionals compete against their peers for a chance to win medals in their skill and the possibility of representing the UK on the international stage.
There were four automotive competitions taking place covering both heavy and light vehicles as well as body repair and refinishing.
And the winners are…
- Gold: Matthew Hands - Skillnet and Brian Currie Bedford
- Silver: Claire Weller - Skillnet and Adams Morley Portsmouth
- Bronze: David Bodie - Stephenson College and Hartsthorne Motors
- Gold: Matthew Sutton - Training 200 and Abbots Car Repair Ltd
- Silver: Connor Davison - Riverpark Training
- Bronze: Graeme Nevin - Riverpark Training
- Gold: Craig Kennedy - Riverpark Training
- Silver: Nathan Palfrey - Babcock and Cooper BMW, York
- Bronze: Jack Groves - NPTC Group and Sturgess Bodycraft
Light Vehicle Technology
- Gold: Robert Pallent-Bright - Skillnet and Lookers Ford
- Silver: Christopher Wright - ProVQ and PRG Toyota Stockport
- Bronze: Harry Chaundy - GTG Training and Arnold Clark