Skills Profiles - February 2021
Get the skills you need to land your dream role
Our skills profiles highlight recruitment trends in key occupations in automotive retail. They provide information on job postings, top hiring companies and the skills they are looking for.
Learn what you’ll need to know in order to get your dream job.
Some example roles include:
- Vehicle technicians, mechanics and electricians
- Vehicle and parts sales persons
- Vehicle valeters and cleaners
- Tyre, exhaust and windscreen fitters
- Vehicle body builders and repairers
- Vehicle paint technicians
As well technical occupation profiles, we have a couple of management and leadership profiles, too; they are not exclusive to the automotive sector but can offer guidance for people in management roles and perhaps, support for individuals looking to take their next step up. These profiles are:
- Corporate managers and directors
- Managers and directors in retail and wholesale
Key Findings this month:
- Job postings across all automotive occupations (with the exception of valeters which saw a small increase) have decreased in the last month.
- Tyre, exhaust and windscreen fitters have seen the largest falls in job postings this month.
- All occupations are still above the record lows in spring 2020, apart from body build and repairers which have continued declining trend to and are the lowest level of job postings since 2018.
- The most requested skills across all occupations remains communication and customer service skills.
- Lockdown and the temporary closure of some retail has impacted on recruitment of retail managers and directors who have seen a decline of posting in February by 25%