This course will cover personal protective equipment (PPE), such as safety clothing and the importance of protecting yourself. Some things are obvious – such as when holding as hot or sharp exhaust you may get burnt or cut. Other things such as breathing in brake dust, or working in a noisy area, do not produce immediately noticeable effects but could affect you later in life. Learners will also gain an understanding of the basics of vehicle safety and moving loads.
CPD Credit Value
Institute of the Motor Industry
What do I receive?
You will be able to:
- Understand the correct personal and vehicle protective equipment to be used within the automotive environment.
- Explain construction of the vehicle.
- Understand environmental laws.
- Understand driving and operating a vehicle.
- Describe correct lifting and moving techniques.
Who is this for?
Vehicle technicians who are just starting out in the industry or those who have been working for some time and want to consolidate their experience.
CPD Credit Value 3
Course Duration 2 hours