The main purpose of the braking system is simple – it is to slow down or stop a vehicle. Correct maintenance of the braking system is essential to driver safety. This course will introduce braking system technology including, discs, drums and parking brakes, hydraulic components, brake servo operation, braking force control, anti-lock brake systems, Bosch ABS , electric parking brakes and traction control.
CPD Credit Value
Institute of the Motor Industry
What do I receive?
You will be able to:
- Describe the braking system layout and components.
- Understand how light vehicle braking systems operate.
- Understand how to check, replace and test light vehicle braking units and components.
- Understand how to diagnose and rectify faults in light vehicle braking systems.
- Explain braking force distribution and braking efficiency.
Who is this for?
Vehicle technicians who are just starting out in the industry or those who have been working for some time and want to consolidate their experience.
CPD Credit Value 9
Course Format E-learning
Course Duration 8 hours