A vehicle needs a suspension system to cushion and dampen out road shocks. This provides comfort to the passengers and prevents damage to the load and vehicle components. This course is about suspension system technology and will cover the reasons for suspension, springs, dampers or shock absorbers, front suspension layouts, rear suspension layouts and active suspension. It will also include a case study of Delphi MagneRide, the industry’s first semi-active suspension technology that employed no electro-mechanical valves and small moving parts.
CPD Credit Value
Institute of the Motor Industry
What do I recieve?
You will be able to:
- Describe the components that make up the suspension system.
- Understand how light vehicle suspension systems operate.
- Understand how to check, replace and test light vehicle suspension units and components.
- Understand how to diagnose and rectify faults in light vehicle steering systems.
- Understand the effects of suspension.
Who is this for?
Vehicle technicians who are just starting out in the industry or those who have been working for some time and want to consolidate their experience.
CPD Credit Value 9
Course Duration 8 hours