An automatic gearbox contains special devices that automatically provide various gear ratios, as they are needed. Most automatic gearboxes have several forward gears and one reverse gear. Instead of a gearstick, the driver moves a lever called a selector. This course will introduce automatic transmission systems and will cover torque converters, electronic and hydraulic control, constantly variable transmission, transaxle transmission, and direct shift gearboxes.
CPD Credit Value
Institute of the Motor Industry
What do I recieve?
You will be able to:
- Understand how light vehicle automatic gearbox systems operate
- Describe the main parts of the automatic transmission system.
- Describe the main elements in epicyclic gearbox operation.
- Understand fluid circuit and hydraulic control.
- Explain electronic control of automatic transmission (ECAT).
Who is this for?
Vehicle technicians who are just starting out in the industry or those who have been working for some time and want to consolidate their experience.
CPD Credit Value 9
Course Duration 8 hours